38th Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal
26-27 November, 2017, Kathmandu.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Tanmoy Bhattacharya, Delhi University
Tanmoy Bhattacharya (PhD, UCL, 1999 as a Commonwealth Scholar) joined the Department of Linguistics, University of Delhi in 2001 as an Associate Professor after a postdoctoral stint as a research scientist in the Cognitive Science Group of the University of Leipzig, Germany. He specializes in Syntax and has also guided research on Sign Language, Psycholinguistics, Parsing, Conversational Analysis, Sociolinguistics, Gender and Disability. He is also the founder secretary of FOSSSIL.Outside of Linguistics, he works in disability studies.
Conference Venue: CEDA Hall, Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu.
In order to get to the venue, please ask any local person how to get to Tribhuvan University, Kiritpur. Find the way to get to TU Central Library. The venue is nearby the library.
- . In order to get to the venue, please ask any local person how to get to Tribhuwan University, Kirtipur. Find the way to get to University Central Library. You will find the conference venue nearby.
Conference Registration Fee:
|Nepali Citizens||NRS 2200||NRS 2500||NRS 2000|
|SAARC and Chinese Citizens||NRS 5000||NRS 6000||NRS 4000|
|Other Foreign Participants||US$ 90||US$ 100||US$ 75|
- Students are required to produce the valid Student Identity Card and its copy.
- Registration fee covers Lunch and teas for 26th and 27th, conference bag and stationery, and a copy of the Society’s journal Nepalese Linguistics.
(1) Society’s Bank Account
- The registration fee can be paid depositing the money in LSN bank account. The account details are give below:
SWIFT Code: NEBLNPKA
Bank: Nepal Bank Limited, Kirtipur Branch, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal
AC Name: Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN)
AC Type: Current
AC No: 0045-11-0004560
2) You may register at the venue on the conference days. There will be registration desk starting earlier to the inauguration programme. We will be accepting only cash on these days.
Travel, Visas and Accommodation: Please follow the following link to find details about your travel options, visa requirements, accommodation, etc.
We would like to inform that the following is the deal made with Hotel pacific for the delegates attending the 38th Annunal Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal.
Warm Greetings from Hotel Pacific.
First of all let me take this opportunity to thank you very much for Patronizing Hotel Pacific and we always appreciate your effort & confident in us. You can find us: www.hotelpacific.com.np
We are pleased to extend our following confidential Special rates for Linguistic Society of Nepal program date November 26 & 27, 2017.
Accommodation with Breakfast:
A/C Deluxe Room NRs.2100.00 NRs.2600.00
Standard deluxe Room NRs.1900.00 NRs.2400.00
Standard Room NRs.1300.00 NRs.1800.00
Extra Bed NRs. 900.00
Extra Meal rates:
Fixed Buffet Breakfast NRs. 300.00 per Person
Fixed Buffet Veg. or Non-Veg. Lunch/Dinner NRs. 450.00 per Person
The above rates are exclusive of 10% Service Charge.
The following service will be provided on request:
- Airport pick up by private car Nrs. 1000.00 one way.
- Pick up from bus station by private car Nrs. 1000.00 one way.
- Kathmandu Sightseeing by Private car Nrs. 3300.00 Full day (6 Hours)
We hope the above rates are within your expectation and kindly acknowledge the acceptance of the above rates by signing on the copy of this letter for our office record.
With best regards,
Suman Shrestha/ Ram Dongol
Director Sales and Marketing
Tel: 4255153, 4249983, 42155152