38th Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal
November 26-27, 2017
Call for Papers
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) organizes an annual conference on 26-27th November every year. The conference is one of the major activities of the Society which provides a platform for those who have been working on different aspects of languages. LSN has been organizing the annual conferences since 1979 unfailingly bringing various linguists and practitioners together from home and abroad concentrating on the studies of Nepalese languages.
You are requested to submit an abstract for the conference presentation on theoretical, descriptive, interdisciplinary, or applied aspects of language studies in the following or any other relevant topics of linguistics:
– Semantics and lexical studies
– Historical linguistics
– Anthropological linguistics
– Language contact and linguistic typology
– Applied linguistics
– Indigenous languages and identity
– Corpus and computational linguistics
– Any other relevant areas
– Natural language processing
– Language teaching
– Language policy and planning
– Discourse analysis
– Language and technology
– Ethnolinguistics and language ideology
– Language documentation
– Translation studies
– Language, power and politics
– Language and tourism
– Mother-tongue and multilingual education
There will be oral and poster presentation sessions. The details of the abstract are as follows:
* The abstract contains 150-200 words exactly (the title, references and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
* The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author’s affiliation, address, email and cell phone number.
* The abstract should contain the information about the data, methodology and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
* For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in Devanagari Unicode.
* Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however it should be in Unicode.
* Abstract should be both in the MS Word and PDF format.
* Submit electronic copy of the abstract via email to email@example.com
* The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after registration process has been completed.
Oral presentation: 20 minutes for presentation and 5 minutes for discussion
Poster presentation: Poster size: 91 cm wide and 122 cm tall (A0 paper size)
Font size: Maximum 78 pt (for main title) and Minimum 24 pt (for body text).
31st August, 2016 , 25th September, 2017
Notification of acceptance:
15th September 1st October, 2017
Conference: 26-27th November 2017
We will keep on posting the information on the website as well. Please visit http://www.lsn.org.np/
For further details, please contact:
Krishna Prasad Chalise
Linguistic Society of Nepal
Mobile: (+977) 9841411441