November 26-27, 2019
Call for Papers
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) organizes its annual conference on 26-27th November every year. The conference is one of the major activities of the Society which provides a platform for those who have been working on different aspects of languages. LSN has been organizing the annual conferences with special focus on (but not limited to) the studies in Nepalese languages since 1979 bringing various linguists and practitioners together from home and abroad.
You are requested to submit an abstract for the conference papers on theoretical, descriptive, interdisciplinary, or applied aspects of language studies in the following or any other relevant topics of linguistics:
- Semantics and lexical studies
- Historical linguistics
- Anthropological linguistics
- Language contact and linguistic typology
- Applied linguistics
- Indigenous languages and identity
- Corpus and computational linguistics
- Cognitive linguistics
- Natural language processing
- Language teaching
- Language policy and planning
- Discourse analysis
- Language and technology
- Ethnolinguistics and language ideology
- Language documentation
- Translation studies
- Language, power and politics
- Language and tourism
- Mother-tongue and multilingual education
- Any other relevant areas
There will be oral presentation and poster presentation sessions. The details of the abstract and full presentation or poster presentation are as follows:
- An abstract contains 150-200 words exactly including examples and references (the title and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
- The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author’s affiliation, address, email and phone number (mobile phone number preferred).
- The abstract should contain the information about the data, methodology and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
- The paper should be in English or Nepali. For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in Devanagari Unicode.
- Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however it should be in Unicode.
- Abstract should be both in the MS Word and PDF format.
- Submit electronic copy of abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
* The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after registration process has been completed.
The presenters will be asked to submit their full presentation when their abstracts are accepted. The full presentation submission will be as follows:
Full oral presentation: 10-15 slides or 3-4 page write up for 20-minute presentation followed by 5-minute discussion
Full poster presentation: Poster or 3-4 page write up of the matter to be included in the poster
Poster size: 91 cm wide and 122 cm tall (A0 paper size)
Font size: Between maximum 78 pt (for main title) and minimum 24 pt (for body text).
Submission deadline: 15th July, 2019
Notification of acceptance: 30th July, 2019
Conference: 26-27th November 2019
We will keep on posting the information on the website as well.
Please visit: http://www.lsn.org.np
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Karnakhar Khatiwada
Linguistic Society of Nepal
Contact: (+977) 9851115913 ; (+977) 9841115918; (+977)-1-4332702