Call for Papers
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) organizes an annual conference on 26-27th November every year. The conference is one of the major activities of the Society which provides a platform for those who have been working on different aspects of languages. LSN has been organizing the annual conferences since 1979 unfailingly bringing various linguists and practitioners together from home and abroad concentrating on the studies of Nepalese languages.
This society would like to request all the linguists and practitioners from home and abroad to submit an abstract for the conference on theoretical as well as applied aspects of language in the following or any other relevant topics of linguistics:
§ Semantics and lexical studies
§ Historical linguistics
§ Anthropological linguistics
§ Language contact and linguistic typology
§ Applied linguistics
§ Indigenous languages and identity
§ Corpus and computational linguistics
§ Cognitive linguistics
§ Natural language processing
§ Language teaching
§ Language policy and planning
§ Discourse analysis
§ Language and technology
§ Ethnolinguistics and language ideology
§ Language documentation
§ Translation studies
§ Subaltern linguistics
§ Linguistic human rights
§ Language, power and politics
§ Language and tourism
§ Mother-tongue and multilingual education
§ Any other relevant areas
There will be oral presentations and poster presentation sessions. The details of the abstract and full presentation or poster presentation are as follows:
- An abstract will contain 250-300 words including examples and references (the title and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
- The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author’s affiliation, address, email, and phone number (mobile phone number preferred).
- The abstract should contain information about the data, methodology, and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
- The paper should be in English or Nepali. For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in the Devanagari Unicode.
- Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however, it should be in Unicode.
- Abstract should be both in the MSWord and PDF format.
- Submit an electronic copy of the abstract via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after the registration process has been completed. The presenters will be asked to submit their full presentation when their abstracts are accepted.
The full presentation submission will be as follows:
Full oral presentation: 10-15 slides or 3-4 page write-up for a 20-minute presentation followed by a 5-minute discussion.
Full poster presentation: Poster or 3-4 page write-up of the matter to be included in the poster
Poster size: 91 cm wide and 122 cm tall (A0 paper size)
Font size: Between maximum 78 pt (for main title) and minimum 24 pt (for body text).
Submission deadline: 20th August 2023
Notification of acceptance: 31st, August 2023
Conference: 26-27 November 2023
Venue: Kathmandu, Nepal
The society will keep on posting the information on the website as well.
Please visit: http://www.lsn.org.np
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Tara Mani Rai
Linguistic Society of Nepal
Contact: (+977) 9841237533