Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) invites you to submit your research article on different aspects of language and linguistics in prescribed format for the upcoming (36th) volume of its annual journal, Nepalese Linguistics. The manuscript should be original and not submitted elsewhere for publication. Priority will be given to the articles based on the papers presented at the 41st and 42nd Annual Conferences of Linguistic Society of Nepal. The submitted manuscripts will go through Double-Blind peer-review, and the contributors will be notified for further modifications, if needed. The final decision will be based on the quality, originality, and the possible contribution to the knowledge of language and linguistics. Note that articles received after the deadline will not be entertained.
Format to be followed
- Abstract: Maximum 100 words (italics)
- Keywords: Maximun 5
- Maximum number of pages: 12
- Minimum number of pages: 6
- Column: Double
- Column spacing: 0.75 cm
- Page size: 18 cm × 24 cm
- Orientation: Portrait
- Margins: 1.5 cm in all sides
- Line spacing: Single
- Paragraph spacing: 6 point before and 0 point after; but no paragraph space between the lines in the same example (including gloss, and free translation). Please note that each example will be considered as a paragraph.
- Header and Footer: Must be within 1.5 cm margin
- Fonts: Times New Roman (10 point) for description
- Data need to be in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) Unicode (Font size 10 point).
- Reference style: APA 7th Edition
- Headings and subheadings need to be numbered in decimal format and example data must be numbered in small brackets such as (1), (2), (3).
- If other scripts are necessary (on orthography, dictionary, etc.), please use the fonts compatible with Unicode.
- Leipzig Glossing Rules (LGR) will be basic guidelines for glossing.
- You are requested to submit both DOC/DOCX and PDF files.
- Headings/captions of the tables, figures, maps need to be numbered and placed at the top
- All the titles and sub-titles need to be in sentence case
Please, put the author’s information (Author: given name(s) and family name; Affiliation, Country, Email, and specified primary contact in case of multiple authors) in a separate page.
Submission: August 20, 2022
Notification with reviewers’ comment: September 20, 2022
Resubmission with revision (if needed): September 30, 2022
Publication: November 26, 2022 (for hard copy),Online will be published before that date Email address to submit the article: email@example.com