41st Annual Conference of Linguistic Society of Nepal (41st LSN)
November 26-27, 2020
Linguistic Society of Nepal (LSN) organizes its annual conference on 26-27th November every year. The conference is one of the major activities of the Society which provides a platform for those who have been working on different aspects of languages. LSN has been organizing the annual conferences with special focus on (but not limited to) the studies in Nepalese languages since 1979 bringing various linguists and practitioners together from home and abroad.
In view of the current pandemic situation caused by COVID-19, we will be conducting the 41’st LSN conference online.
Call for Papers:
You are requested to submit an abstract for the conference paper on theoretical, descriptive, interdisciplinary, or applied aspects of language studies in the following or any other relevant topics of linguistics:
- Semantics and lexical studies
- Historical linguistics
- Anthropological linguistics
- Language contact and linguistic typology
- Applied linguistics
- Indigenous languages and identity
- Corpus and computational linguistics
- Cognitive linguistics
- Natural language processing
- Language teaching
- Language policy and planning
- Discourse analysis
- Language and technology
- Ethnolinguistics and language ideology
- Language documentation
- Translation studies
- Language, power and politics
- Language and tourism
- Mother-tongue and multilingual education
- Any other relevant areas
There will be online oral presentation sessions. The details of the abstract and full presentation presentation are as follows:
- An abstract contains 300-350 words exactly including examples and references (the title and author information will not be counted in this word limit).
- The title should be followed by the name of the author/authors, author’s affiliation, address, email and phone number (mobile phone number preferred).
- The abstract should contain the information about the data, methodology and findings of the research (but no separate headings).
- The paper should be in English or Nepali. For English medium paper, the abstract should be in English in Roman script; and for Nepali medium paper, it should be in Nepali in Devanagari Unicode.
- Examples from other languages, in English medium paper, should be presented in IPA Unicode. Other scripts can also be used in the example if it is necessary, however it should be in Unicode.
- Abstract should be both in the MS Word and PDF format.
- Submit electronic copy of abstract via email to email@example.com
* The accepted abstracts will be included in the abstracts and program booklet after the registration process has been completed. The notice regarding the details of registration fees and further processes will be published in the website later.
The presenters will be asked to submit their full presentation when their abstracts are accepted.
Submission deadline: 15th October, 2020
Notification of acceptance: 25th October, 2020
Submission of the full presentation: 10th November, 2020
Conference: 26-27th November 2020
We will keep on posting the information on the website as well.
Please visit: http://www.lsn.org.np
For further details, please contact:
Dr. Karnakhar Khatiwada
Linguistic Society of Nepal
Contact: (+977) 9851115913 ; (+977) 9841115918; (+977)-1-4332702