1. How do I get to the conference venue from the city center (from around Ratna Park, Thamal, Durbarmarg)?
When you reach to Ratna Park, or the bus park (located next to Ratna Park), you take buses route numbered 21 to reach to Kirtipur, an ancient city where Tribhuvan University is located. Ask the bus conductor/driver to drop you at the university entrance (near the university boys or girls hostel). The take 5-minute walk to reach to the venue in the university premises.
2. How much is the city bus fare to reach to Kirtipur from the city center?
Usually, the city buses charge you 15-20 NRs to reach to Kirtipur bus station near the university entrance. They provide you discounts if you are a valid student provided that you submit the valid student card.
3. Can I take a taxi to the Venue from any of the places I stay in Kathmandu?
Yes. There are taxies available in most of the places in Kathmandu. They may take you to the venue with reasonable fares or you may ask them to use the meter which will show how much you have to pay. If you don’t trust their meter values and have any doubt, you may contact the traffic police personnel standing by on the way.
4. Can I stay near the venue during the conference time?
Yes. There are a few hotels in Kirtipur. They may charge you the reasonable prices for food and accommodation. One of the good hotels we have suggested you in Kirtipur is ‘Kirtipur Hill Side Hotel that lies at 10 minutes walk from the venue.
5. Who do I contact if I have some problems reaching to the venue or any other difficulties?
You can contact any of the members of the executive committee through emails. For phone calls, you can contact the general secretary (Mr. Krishna Prasad Chalise, 0977-9841411441) and the President (Mr. Kamal Poudel, 9851060155).